Thursday, February 18, 2016

Waiting on Thursday (?)

Okay, clearly I'm a day late with the Waiting on Wednesday meme, but I so love highlighting books I'm really excited about and since I was on a tour yesterday, I decided to do a Waiting on Thursday post instead. Well done me:)

If you haven't checked out Epic Reads lately, be sure and hop over to their blog because they've been revealing their Fall 2016 covers over the past couple days and Of Fire and Stars jumped out at me immediately!



Audrey Coulthurst
Young Adult/Fantasy/LGBTQ
Release November 2016 from Balzer + Bray

From Goodreads:

Betrothed since childhood to the prince of Mynaria, Princess Dennaleia has always known what her future holds. Her marriage will seal the alliance between Mynaria and her homeland, protecting her people from other hostile lands. But Denna has a secret. She possesses an Affinity for fire—a dangerous gift for the future queen of a kingdom where magic is forbidden.

Now, Denna must learn the ways of her new home while trying to hide her growing magic. To make matters worse, she must learn to ride Mynaria’s formidable warhorses before her coronation—and her teacher is the person who intimidates her most, the prickly and unconventional Princess Amaranthine (called Mare), sister of her betrothed.

When a shocking assassination leaves the kingdom reeling, Mare and Denna reluctantly join forces to search for the culprit. As the two work together, each discovers there’s more to the other than she thought. Mare is surprised by Denna’s intelligence and bravery, while Denna is drawn to Mare’s independent streak. Soon their friendship is threatening to blossom into something more.

But with dangerous conflict brewing that makes the alliance more important than ever, acting on their feelings could be deadly. Forced to choose between their duty and their hearts, Mare and Denna must find a way to save their kingdoms—and each other.

Well hello there gorgeous gold typography! As soon as I get my hands on a copy of this beauty I'm going to clutch it to my bosom and call it My Preciousssss. SO PRETTY. 

I think there's a lot to like about this one aside from the illustrated and typographic mastery that is the cover - we've got magic, warhorses, and a f/f antagonistic romance that has me indescribably excited. WHY DOES THIS BOOK NOT RELEASE IN MARCH?! The only drawback for me is the fact that I can't pronounce Denna's full name (Denna-lee-a? Denna-lay-a? Dennal-ia?) and I keep wanting to call the prince's kingdom Narnia instead of Mynaria. It's in my head now, so Denna will forever be the future princess of Narnia according to Jenny:)

Can't wait for this though!


27 comments:

  1. I agree, this is gorgeous! Great pick Jenny and I love your Waiting on Thursday. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. I love WoW posts, so I didn't want to miss it this week:)

      Delete
  2. I am so saying that wrong ...Denna-Leia..yeah, can't be it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author told me how to say it on Twitter! Denna-lay-uh

      Delete
  3. I was quite excited about this one before because anything subverting tropes is my jam BUT now with this cover?? I NEEEEED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of this one too! Great pick! I'll definitely be adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is lovely, and this does sound like a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA. The typography would catch your eye! :p I'm in love wtih the fact that it's a LGBTQA fantasy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't help it! Typography for the win:)

      Delete
  7. Damn, we have to wait till NOVEMBER? I hadn't even heard of this one before but I love nothing more than a beautiful cover and a solid fantasy novel so I'm very excited to dive into this. Thanks for putting it on my radar, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's way too far away! So excited though:)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! Gorgeous cover! And I really, really love the sound of this romance. It's going to rip my heart to shreds, I know it. But it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm mildly worried about how things are going to turn out, but that just means I'll have to read the end first so I can be prepared:)

      Delete
  9. the cover is stunning, and this certainly sounds unique. I will be on the lookout for it in March.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous typography, for sure. But, I don't have the patience for fantasy, so I'll leave that the professionals (i.e. YOU). :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That typography is amazing! I do love me a pretty cover...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you do much for this Jenny! There are so many great covers especially the Black Key by Amy Ewing which I can't wait for. This looks awesome as well. Thanks for linking this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. An LGBTQ fantasy book?! Oh Jenny, I am SO IN^^ Thank you so much for bringing this one to my attention - I will be adding it to my tbr shelf THE SECOND I finish this comment. I love the cover, I LOVE the premise and yeah, basically? I need it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, this one looks really good, Jenny! I haven't heard of it before. Adding it to the tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I love reading posts like this because I get to learn about just so many new and wonderful and shiny books that are waiting in the wings like this one. It sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete