Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price

Today is an exciting day, one where my two of my worlds are colliding and I couldn't be more excited for former client and now published author, Jen Maschari!

Some of you already know that for the ten years before I switched to designing book covers I was a wedding stationer. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and got to meet some truly fantastic people, many of whom I've been lucky enough to stay in touch with over the years. Once such person is Jen Maschari, one of my brides whose love of dogs immediately endeared her to me at our first meeting and led to the design of the save the date for her wedding. Jen had one bulldog at the time (she now has two - SO CUTE!), so we of course needed to include that face in her stationery suite:


Just a few months after Jen's wedding I started Supernatural Snark, and we stayed in touch on Twitter thanks to a shared love of books. Little did I know that Jen was writing a book of her own, one that sold to Balzer + Bray and releases today. GO JEN!!! WOO HOO!!

I'm so very thrilled for her and wanted to share her book on the blog today to help celebrate the birthday of her MG debut, The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price. I hope you guys all add this one to your lists!


Ever since twelve-year-old Charlie Price's mom died, he feels like his world has been split into two parts. Before included stargazing and Mathletes and Saturday scavenger hunts with his family. After means a dad who's completely checked out, comically bad dinners, and grief group that's anything but helpful. It seems like losing Mom meant losing everything else he loved, too.

Just when Charlie thinks things can't get any worse, his sister, Imogen, starts acting erratically—missing school and making up lies about their mother. But everything changes when one day he follows her down a secret passageway in the middle of her bedroom and sees for himself.

Imogen has found a parallel world where Mom is alive!

There's hot cocoa and Scrabble and scavenger hunts again and everything is perfect . . . at first. But something doesn't feel right. Whenever Charlie returns to the real world, things are different, and not in a good way. And Imogen wants to spend more and more time on the other side. It's almost as if she wants to leave the real world for good. If Charlie doesn't uncover the truth, he could lose himself, the true memory of their mother, and Imogen . . . forever.

Find Charlie Price:


Find Jen:


12 comments:

  1. Oh congrats! it looks so nice!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read it last week - it's fantastic! I'm so happy for Jen as well. BTW, love that save the date. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she included her love for dogs in her save the date and her book! Super adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is awesome! Congrats to the author on her first book!!! Love the save the date card Jenny, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! I love that quote you shared. I will be on the lookout for this book to read to Risa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun! Exciting for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Friends for keeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the sweetest quote!

    And how exciting for both you and your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe that is awesome, and isn't in funny how small the world really is. Congrats to Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fantastic! How small the world can be at times, right??
    And I adore that save the date card!!

    ReplyDelete