Sunday, March 20, 2011

In My Mailbox #25

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi over at The Story Siren and is a great way to see what other bloggers are reading and reviewing. I always love seeing what everyone else got for their week!



FOR REVIEW:

POSSESSION by Elana Johnson (from Goodreads):
Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.


HUNTRESS by Melinda Lo (from Goodreads)
Nature is out of balance in the human world. The sun hasn't shone in years, and crops are failing. Worse yet, strange and hostile creatures have begun to appear. The people's survival hangs in the balance.

To solve the crisis, the oracle stones are cast, and Kaede and Taisin, two seventeen-year-old girls, are picked to go on a dangerous and unheard-of journey to Tanlili, the city of the Fairy Queen. Taisin is a sage, thrumming with magic, and Kaede is of the earth, without a speck of the otherworldly. And yet the two girls' destinies are drawn together during the mission. As members of their party succumb to unearthly attacks and fairy tricks, the two come to rely on each other and even begin to fall in love. But the Kingdom needs only one huntress to save it, and what it takes could tear Kaede and Taisin apart forever.

The exciting adventure prequel to Malinda Lo's highly acclaimed novel Ash is overflowing with lush Chinese influences and details inspired by the I Ching, and is filled with action and romance.

THOSE WHO FIGHT MONSTERS edited by Justin Gustainis

Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
, is your one-stop-shop for Urban Fantasy’s finest anthology of the supernatural. 14 sleuths are gathered together for the first time in all-original tales of unusual cases which require services that go far beyond mere deduction!

Meet the Detectives:

Danny Hendrickson - from Laura Anne Gilman's Cosa Nostradamus series.
Kate Connor - from Julie Kenner’s Demon Hunting Soccer Mom series.
John Taylor - from Simon R. Green’s Nightside series.
Jill Kismet - from Lilith Saintcrow’s Jill Kismet series.
Jessi Hardin - from Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty Norville series.
Quincey Morris - from Justin Gustainis’ Morris/Chastain Investigations series.
Marla Mason - from T. A. Pratt's Marla Mason series.
Tony Foster - from Tanya Huff’s Smoke and Shadows series.
Dawn Madison - from Chris Marie Green’s Vampire Babylon series.
Pete Caldecott - from Caitlin Kittredge’s Black London series.
Tony Giodone - from C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp’s Tales of the Sazi series.
Jezebel - from Jackie Kessler’s Hell on Earth series.
Piers Knight - from C. J. Henderson’s Brooklyn Knight series.
Cassiel - from Rachel Caine’s Outcast Season series.

Thanks so much to Cornucopia of Dystopia, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, and Justin Gustainis for sending me books this week!

31 comments:

  1. Great books! I love the cover for Possession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. w00t! I'm so excited about Possession! I'll be reading that soon. Looking forward to your review Jenny.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! I super want Possession. I think it sounds like such an amazing read. I hope you enjoy all your books this week!

    My Mailbox has some super cool Dark Days of Supernatural stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Huntress has a beautiful cover. I've been wanting to read Melinda Lo for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Ash and Huntress sounds just as good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huntress looks so good! Happy reading Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Those Who Fight Monsters - there are some great authors involved and a couple of my favourite series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Possession on pre-order and can't wait for it to be released. The cover is so pretty. I love that butterfly encased in ice.

    Huntress looks good too. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Possession! I can't wait to read this one! I just love the cover! Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep thinking about getting Those Who Fight Monsters, but haven't decided yet. Will wait for your review to help with my decision!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see what you think of "Possession"! And I am more than slightly bit jealous that you already have it... ;)

    Have a great rest of your weekend Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books this week! I also have Possession and Huntress and can't wait to read both....I need to find more time! As always, I look forward to your reviews. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! Can't wait to read your review of Possession!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mailbox! Curious about Possession and Huntress...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Possession sounds just fabulous, and I'm dying to read it...but I'll settle for your thoughts on it first! Awesome mailbox, Jenny! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huntress and Possession look amazing! Dying to read those! And I can't wait to hear your reviews!
    Happy reading and hope you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huntress looks completely kickass if I may say so myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books! I love the cover to Huntress and it sounds amazing. I've yet to read Ash though but now I'm on the lookout for it :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still need to read Ash! I keep remembering that every time I see Huntress and instantly just starting pining for it, lol! Monsters sounds amazing, too!

    Happy reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know I'm not really a fan of dystopians but I loved Possession! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Honestly, Possession is one of the books I just want to read because the cover looks so awesome!!! Excited to hear what you think about those books:) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I have Huntress too! I also need to read Ash, but I have that on my tbr! Yes! Hope you like Possession. I'm curious about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am SO looking forward to Possession - can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!!! Ohhhh - so exited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to read Posession!! Looking forward to your review. I love the teaser you had. I like the cover of the anthology. It's kinda retro. I have not read Ash yet. But Huntress looks awesome. Cool cover! Happy reading :) Btw...I missed your cover critique this week. It's always funny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got Those Who Fight Monsters too. We can compare notes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait to see what you think of Huntress, I have been eyeing that one for awhile.

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have seen Possession around lately and I love the sound of it. I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You got Possession!! :) I am looking forward to your thoughts on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooooh, I really want to read Possession. I have heard that it is good. Nice mailbox

    ReplyDelete