Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Desires of the Dead


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and here's how it works:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share a snippet from somewhere on that page but be careful not to include spoilers

My teaser this week is from Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting:

It almost would have been easy to disregard the tugging she felt coming from the opposite direction...But it was visceral, the pull, finding its way beneath her skin and slithering there until she itched with it, until she could no longer ignore its enigmatic lure.

The song of the dead.


And it was calling her.



DESIRES OF THE DEAD (from Goodreads)

The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful, lyrical, and yet creepy. I like it. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-devils-star.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read both the Body Finder and this one. Loved the teaser.

    Our Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I wish my copy would hurry up and arrive. Thanks for the teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you tease! lol! I really wish my copy would hurry up and arrive too. It was sent last week and it's still not here. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teaser!

    Here's mine: http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I just finished The Body Finder last night so I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this teaser, so good. I loved the Body Finder!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're enjoying this book ! I've heard awesome things about the series and I still haven't read The Body Finder (even if it's in my pile) ... Looking forward to read your review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT teaser! Really like this series! It's very interesting!

    My teaser's going to be a little late today, be sure to stop by this afternoon if you get the chance!

    Old Follower
    a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this series. I got hooked on the first book. I need the second one already. Nice teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...creepy. I think I'll have to try this one even though I only "liked" the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought the first one in this series. I hope to enjoy it soon. Looks like this one is going to be good too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this. Loved the sound of your teaser!
    You can find mine at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! Can't wait to get my hands on this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous teaser. I seriously need to get on this series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser. I have been wanting to read this book for a while. I've heard such great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess there a dead body nearby, great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Um that kind of gave me the chill bumps....:I

    I have not read the first one yet....I need to soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My teaser this week is also from "Desires of the Dead". Great choice!
    I'm a new follower^^

    Find mine here:
    Mysteriousbooks my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic teaser. I haven't yet managed to read The Body Finder but from the sounds of its sequel, I can tell that I'm going to not only enjoy the first book, but also the second book! Great teaser Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome teaser! I really need to read this series: they look totally amazing! Maybe I should wait a while, though: my TBR pile is growing out of control!
    Thanks for commenting! I think Vampire Academy is one of my favourite series ever: it's soo good and I can't wait to see what happens! I'll hurry up then, and finish so I can get my review done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a good book! Enjoy!

    Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo! I liked the first book. I can't wait to read this one. I love line: The song of the dead. Very powerful. Here's my TT. I hope you enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome teaser! I love how just a couple of sentences can make my skin crawl. I have to get my hands on a copy of this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome! I got to the end and I was like "that's it? Noooo!". LOL. I must read this series now. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You really are a tease! I can't wait to get to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds like a good book. I will definitely have to check it out.

    Sunshine @ http://bookloversunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. *wonders if the song of the dead has a good beat*

    *bets it does*

    ReplyDelete
  29. I still haven't read book one, but that's one heck of a teaser you've got there, Jenny! That's enough for me...I need to start this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a beautiful teaser! The first book is on my TBR. I have heard so many great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Heard really good things about this book! From this teaser I can see why!

    ReplyDelete